Concrete laborers will perform tasks involving physical labor on general construction projects, involving all construction related tasks, including concrete work. They may operate a variety of hand and power tools and will clean and prepare sites, tie rebar, dig trenches, erect scaffolding, clean up rubble and debris and remove waste materials.
- Perform a variety of tasks involving strenuous manual labor in concrete and masonry construction projects; perform manual work in preparing surfaces for concrete.
- Shovel concrete into construction area.
- Fine grade fill to grades given by foreman.
- Assist in set forms and wall panel forms.
- Maintain a clean job site: pick up all tools and equipment and secure job site each day in order to eliminate potential hazards.
- Material handling and storage.
- Load and unload trucks and haul and hoist materials.
- Ensure that proper safety and incident reporting procedures are followed
- Able to follow and implement oral and written directions from crew foreman.
- Ability to work well without supervision and anticipate work that needs to be done.
- Follow established safety rules and regulations and maintain a safe and clean environment.
- Ability to lift 75 pounds.
- Frequent standing, kneeling and lifting.
- Must be able to push, pull or carry objects, use abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue
- Possible out of town travel during the week.
- Have tools that are required for position
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
Education and Experience Required:
- High School diploma
- Minimum 2 years of experience on the job or any experience that demonstrates the knowledge and ability to perform the work. (prior construction work, farming or other physical labor position).
Concrete Laborers work on many different types of construction projects, so their working environment depends on the type of project that they're working on. They will work both indoors and outdoors and will be subject to variable weather conditions (inclement, heat/humidity, cold, wind) and site conditions (exposure to dust, noise, etc).
Roers is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.