Construction Laborer - Fargo ($1,000 Sign-on Bonus available)
Construction laborers work on construction sites during all phases of a job, performing a wide range of tasks from the very easy to more difficult. Laborers may prepare and clean up a job site, use a variety of tools and equipment and assist craft workers.
- Perform a variety of tasks involving strenuous manual labor.
- Use of hand and power tools.
- Prepare and clean up construction area.
- Participate in demolition
- Set up/take down ladders, scaffolding, and other temporary structures
- Maintain a clean job site: pick up all tools and equipment and secure job site each day in order to eliminate potential hazards.
- Material handling, delivery and storage.
- Load and unload trucks and haul and hoist materials.
- Ensure that proper safety and incident reporting procedures are followed
- Able to follow and implement oral and written directions from crew foreman.
- Ability to work well without supervision and anticipate work that needs to be done.
- Follow established safety rules and regulations and maintain a safe and clean environment.
- Ability to lift 75 pounds.
- Frequent standing, kneeling and lifting.
- Must be able to push, pull or carry objects, use abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue
- Possible out of town travel during the week.
- Have tools that are required for position
Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency
Education and Experience Required:
- High School diploma preferred
- Minimum 2 years of experience on the job or any experience that demonstrates the knowledge and ability to perform the work. (prior construction work, farming or other physical labor position).
Roers is Drug-free OWkplace and an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Preference will be given to Section 3 applicants.