Construction Shop Mechanic-Fargo
This individual will provide general maintenance and repair to a variety of equipment and vehicles (automotive and diesel) at a high level of quality and efficiency.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair a variety of equipment in a shop environment.
- Plan methods and sequence of performing repairs assigned.
- Responsible for keeping shop, parts, and maintenance areas clean.
- May be required to pick up and deliver supplies to or from various locations.
- Other responsibilities may require the ability to move, organize, wash and provide routine maintenance on equipment.
- Performs other shop related duties as assigned.
- Able to follow and implement oral and written directions from supervisor.
- Familiar w/construction equipment (skid loaders, small dump-trucks, pulling trailers, engines).
- Knowledgeable of re-wiring electrical components
- Ability to read schematics
- Ability to work well without supervision and anticipate work that needs to be done.
- Follow established safety rules and regulations and maintain a safe and clean environment.
- Ability to lift/carry 65 pounds.
- Frequent standing, kneeling and lifting.
- Must be able to push, pull or carry objects, use abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue
- Possible out of town travel
- Have tools that are required for position
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
Education and Experience Required:
- 2 year Diesel Mechanic degree or will consider 3+ years on the job experience that demonstrates the knowledge and ability to perform the work.
- Willingness and ability to obtain a Class A CDL
- Small engine repair would be beneficial
Maintenance Technicians work on many different types of equipment and projects, so their working environment depends on the type of project that they're working on. They will work both indoors and outdoors and will be subject to variable weather conditions (inclement, heat/humidity, cold, wind) and site conditions (exposure to dust, noise, etc.)